075: Ho ho ho

It's ho ho holidaaayyy babeh!

The superbly long awaited holiday is now on. I can't believe myself for actually survived this semester. Tho I'm pretty sure my result will turn out so bad (i mean terribly bad!)  if compared to previous semester's. But who the hell cares? Seeing all the circumstances that had been put up against me, I'd say, it's a miracle if I come out of it unscratched. 

Hopefully I managed to fill this holiday with beneficial stuff. I am currently still listing out things that I wish to do. Better to list out now before I get distracted and waste all my precious doing time-waster stuffs. 

1. Read books. (and to help me pick up which one to read among the dozens, I think it's almost appropriate for me to list out which one I should be reading this hols)
  • Roopa Farooki's Bitter Sweets
  • George Orwell's 1984
  • Harumi Murakami's Norwegian Wood
  • Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind
  • Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
  • William Golding's Lord of Flies
  • Anthony Burgess's A Clockwork Orange
  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -- - - 
  • Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking Trilogy
  • Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -- - - -
  • Koleksi Terpilih Shahnon Ahmad
  • Imam, Abdullah Hussain
  • Kelabu, Nadia Khan
  • Amerika, Ridhwan Saidi





Yeah, I know, it's a lot. But I don't think I'll have better time to swim in all the beautiful words and engaging plots except for holiday. I'll be busy next semester since I'm on Theater Club main board now. Plus there's tons of exciting theater-related events on my campus next semester, I. Just. Can't. Help. Myself.

2. Learn to cook more dishes. (it's a big deal ok since I'm a sucker at this)

I've got three weeks to at least settle in with a few difficult dishes. And this time, I'll jot it down so that next time, I won't be needing Umi's help to remind me what to do next. And perhaps do some experiments on making desserts with my mom on weekend since she was absolutely no good at this baking & dessert field. 

& yeah, perhaps I should prepare the lunch for my family. My mom usually buy them because of time constraints but since it's holiday, I think I could do with a little independent cooking.  

3. Declutter my room & get organised. (it's a big deal too since I'm a total freak at this)

I am exerting huge amount of effort now in not spanking my little sister who had done a monstrous job in ruining my room. And I have too many unwanted stuff inside my closet, it's about time to say goodbye to all of them.
  • sort out clothes
  • get rid of old magazine (send them to recycle center)
  • get rid of old notes & handouts
  • do some filings for notes & scripts
  • Sort out old momentos & keep it in the proper places

4. Declutter SOME of my house stuff. 

If Umi do it, she'll be having a long series of dilemmas upon contemplating which stuff to be thrown away. Thank you very much, I think I should meddle in this job. It's my freaky nature to make sure everything in place and organise anyway.
  • sort out books section & rearrange them
  • sort out Ayah's files & company papers
  • get rid of unused old tupperwares (kuikuikui)
5. Do some me-stuff sessions. 

Holiday is the best time for you to spend long hours doing stuff you love and always wanted to-do-but-don't-have-much-time-to-do-it. 
  • Do the "little Kitty" sewing project
  • Indulge in the play of colourseg: painting, sketching, or just some ugly scribbles (don't wanna all those oil pastels, colored markers, & water colours go wasted)
  • DIY tribal prints. 
  • Scrapbooking projects (I think I'll start off with my school life)
  • Photowalls projects 
  • Idea sketches on room decor.
  • Wrap my books. Hohoho
  • Begone with Keri Smith's This is not a Book
6. Meet up with my girlfriends & spend quality times w/ family

7. Perfecting my recitations & memorise more Quranic verses

8. Do some theater-related jobs
  • Theater club merchandise - T-shirts, tote bags, buttons etc etc.
  • Theater club paperwork for field trip
  • Plan & sketches for next plays in future theater events.
9. Do some movies & tv shows marathons!

10. Make some future planning for
  • Small shawl bussiness with Mira & Damia
  • Preloved sales
  • Academic well-being
  • Travel (preferably to Singapore & Pulau Perhentian) 
  • New bookshelves & wardrobe
  • Budget & expenditures
11. Enjoy the freaking holiday!

Till then, adios amigos!




Comments